What’s ISEER ranking?
It’s truly referred to as EER or Vitality Effectivity Ratio — a grading system launched by the Bureau of Vitality Effectivity (BEE). The grading system is supposed for residence home equipment — primarily air conditioners and fridges. Temperatures can go fairly excessive in India in the course of the summer season season and since air conditioners eat lots of vitality, the BEE got here up with a season ranking commonplace referred to as ISEER or Indian Seasonal Vitality Effectivity Ratio.
How are ISEER scores calculated and the way does it work?
Alright, so let’s get into some extra abbreviations. ISEER is definitely the ratio of CSTL (Cooling Seasonal Complete Load) to CSEC (Cooling Seasonal Vitality Consumption). In easy phrases, that is the ratio of the annual quantity of warmth the AC can take away to the whole quantity of vitality it will possibly eat in a yr. The vitality effectivity of any AC is calculated on the typical efficiency based mostly on temperatures — out of doors — between 24 levels to 43 levels celsius.
Sure, EER — Vitality Effectivity Ratio — additionally issues as it’s the quantity of warmth an AC removes in an hour divided by the whole energy it consumed throughout that point. The distinction between ISEER and EER is that the previous is supposed for a season — so the phrase seasonal is prefixed earlier than it.
Do the EER and ISEER have an effect on energy consumption?
Sure, it definitely does. The upper the ISEER worth, the extra is the effectivity of the air conditioner. The identical is true for EER. The upper the EER worth, the extra energy-efficient the AC shall be.
Do ACs with increased EER and ISEER price extra?
Sure, they do find yourself costing extra. It’s like how 5-star Acs are costly as a result of they’ve higher scores. So they are going to find yourself costing extra however might assist in saving more cash in your month-to-month energy payments.
Vital issues to bear in mind:
- EER and ISEER change each couple of years or so.
- EER and ISEER are totally different for window ACs and break up ACs.
- The EER and ISEER are scores are amended periodically and differ from the yr of manufacture of the AC.
- The ACs manufactured between January 1, 2018 to June 30, 2022, can have totally different scores
- All ACs manufactured after July 1, 2022, will see a slight change within the EER and ISEER scores. These scores shall be legitimate until December 2024, except one other modification is made.
- The final time the values or scores have been amended was on November 10, 2021.
ISEER scores for Window and Break up AC (as per BEE)
|Window AC||Break up AC|
|From January 1, 2018, to June 30, 2022||From January 1, 2018, to June 30, 2022|
|ISEER ranking||ISEER ranking|